Gluten-Free Diet: Does Panera Bread Have a Gluten-Free Menu?
One of the most common questions asked by customers is whether Panera has a gluten-free menu for them. You might be hesitant if it is safe to eat Panera bread if you are sensitive to gluten or suffer from celiac disease that requires you to avoid all foods containing gluten. In this way, you need to be careful before ordering your Panera bread. So, does Panera bread have a gluten-free menu that will help you to minimize the risks?
Gluten-Free Menu of Panera Bread
Lucky you since several options are available in the gluten-free menu of Panera bread. It is okay to consume the foods as long as you pay attention to the precautions carefully. In this way, make sure to ask the order-taker to allow you to view the gluten-free menu first. This is important because the items included in the menu often change. Not only that but many items in the menu list are also seasonal. So, you might not see the same list of menus every day. Once the order-takers learn that you can only eat gluten-free products, they will offer you several items that can be served gluten-free with some modifications made. This is also possible for you to ask the order-takers if certain foods like salads or soups can be made gluten-free. Panera bread also often publishes information about “avoiding gluten” on their website.
1. Original Menu:
- Fuji Apple Chicken Salad
- Baked Potato Soup
- Turkey Chili
- Seasonal Greens Salad
- Southwest Chicken Tortilla Bowl
- Modern Greek Salad with Quinoa
- Strawberry Poppyseed Salad with Chicken
- Southwest Chile Lime Ranch Salad with Chicken
- Vegetarian Autumn Squash Soup
- Greek Salad
- Green Goddess Cobb Salad with Chicken
2. Menu Items with Modifications
- Caesar Salad with Chicken (no croutons)
- Caesar Salad (no croutons)
- Vegetarian Creamy Potato Soup (no croutons)
- BBQ Chicken Salad ( no frizzled onions)
- Ancient Grain and Arugula Salad with Chicken (no ancient grain blend)
Alternative Menu Items with Caution
Aside from gluten-free food, Panera also lists some items that you can consume if you are avoiding gluten. However, you need to keep in mind that these foods are not gluten-free. All of the following foods contain oatmeals. So, make sure that you do not do anything that is served with oats in Panera. You need to remember that Panera does not serve certified gluten-free oatmeals. Aside from oatmeals, make sure to avoid cookies offered by Panera since they are not gluten-free either. So, you have to be careful when ordering the foods. Here are the gluten-free foods you can find in the Panera bread menus.
- Steel Cut Oatmeal with Strawberries, Pecan, and Cinnamon Crunch Topping (the food is served with oats that are not certified GF)
- Greek Yogurt Mixed with Berries (the oats used in the food are not certified GF)
- Steel Cut Oatmeal with Almond, Quinoa, and Honey (the oatmeals used here are not certified GF either)
- Triple Chocolate Cookie with Walnuts (the oatmeals served are not certified GF)
- Steel Cut Oatmeal with Apple Chips, Pecans, and Cinnamon Crunch Topping (the oatmeals included in the recipe are not certified GF)