Gluten Free Communion Bread Recipe for You Who Have Celiac Disease
Have you heard about the controversy of gluten free communion bread? Some people agree to use the gluten-free type of bread in the congregation. But, many others disagree with it, because it’s different than the tradition. For those who have Celiac disease and join this event, will have a problem to consume this bread. Why?
What is Celiac Disease?
The Celiac disease is a condition where your body reacts by rejecting gluten that can be found inside the ingredient of food that you eat, such as wheat, barley, and rye. Unfortunately, these ingredients are used a lot in communion bread.
When a person that has Celiac disease eats the food that consists of those ingredients or gluten, his/her body can produce a really painful reach. For example, you can have nausea and diarrhea because the gluten damaged your intestines. And, this effect can occur from tiny amounts of gluten inside your food. Therefore, the gluten-free communion bread was born because of that condition.
How to Make The Gluten-Free Communion Bread
Now, do you want to try to taste this unique bread? Usually, this bread is only served at those special events. However, you don’t need to wait any longer. You can make your own gluten-free communion bread. It is also easy to make. It will become a great snack, for you or your family members who have Celiac disease. Try to give it to your friends and guaranteed they won’t be able to tell the differences.
Are you ready to make your own gluten-free communion bread? Here are the recipes and the direction that you need to follow.
- 5 cups of gluten-free flour. Check if the flour already has the xanthan gum or not. If it doesn’t have one, you can add 1 tbsp of xanthan gum. By adding this ingredient, the bread will be expanding and produce a similar result like the normal bread.
- 2 cups of hot water,
- 2 tbsp of olive oil,
- 3 tbsp of honey,
- 1 tbsp of salt.
- Mix water, olive oil, honey, and salt. You can use a mixer to mix these ingredients easier. Mix it well.
- Once it’s well-mixed, add the flour little by little, while you keep the mixer turned on.
- Once you add all the bread flours, keep mixing it for 5 to 7 minutes until the dough expand.
- Divide the dough into several pieces. Using that ingredient, you can actually make it into seven loaves of bread dough. However, you also can make it smaller to get more bread, of course with a smaller size.
- Place the dough pieces on the baking pan and bake it at 400 degrees for 15 or until it’s baked like what you want.
- Take it out, let it cool, and eat it.
That’s it. It’s easy to make gluten free communion bread, isn’t it? Now, you don’t need to buy bread and face the risk of having a health problem because of your Celiac disease. And, you also can have bread that matches your gluten-free diet.