Gluten Free Egg Roll Wrappers Recipe for Appetizer
The gluten free egg roll wrappers recipe below is a great appetizer. You can also make it a little bit heavy by tinkering the size of the egg roll wrappers. This recipe is quite easy to make and simple to follow. Here is the recipe for you to be done at home.
For the ingredients of the gluten free egg roll wrappers, you need 6 ingredients.
- The first is 1 and ½ cups of either potato starch, cornstarch, or tapioca flour. Then, you need 1 and ½ cups of either brown rice flour, white rice flour, or gluten-free oat flour.
- The other ingredients are a half tsp. of xanthan gum, 2 eggs, and a cup of water.
- For the gluten free egg roll filling, you can use 1 pound of either pork, chicken, or beef.
- Make sure the meat is grounded. Then, you can add the vegetables such as a ½ head of cabbage and 1 onion.
- Chop the veggies into small pieces.
- Don’t forget the seasoning by adding 1 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of pepper.
- You can cook the meat first if you want to. Chop the grounded meat with your spatula and make it into small pieces. Once the meat is well-cooked, then you can add the other ingredients for the filling. Cook until the vegetables quite soft. Once it is done, let it sit and put it away.
- To create the wrappers, stir together rice flour, salt, xanthan gum, and the starch in a large bowl. Break and whisk the two eggs with water in another bowl until it is combined properly. Once it is done, you can add the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Stir the mixture well until you can form a ball. If the mixture can’t be formed, then you can add a drop of water and see if it is ready to be formed or not.
- Once the dough mixture is ready and formed, place it on a work surface. Make sure that you already cover the surface with any gluten free starch or flour. Roll out half of the dough on the surface and make it as thin as you can. After that, you can coat the rolled dough with a little bit of starch and put a sheet of plastic wrap, so your dough won’t stick to the pin. Every time you feel the dough is sticky, sprinkle some starches.
- The next step is to cut the rolled dough into squares with a 6×6 inches size. Once it is done, you can put the square dough in storage and cover it with a lightly damp cloth. Let them sit for an hour before going to the frying pan. Once it is done, you can add the filling into the wrappers and fry it out. Fry the egg roll wrappers until the color looks golden brown. Make sure you fold the dough properly so there is no meat falling off the wrapper. You can modify this gluten free egg roll wrappers recipe with different fillings, so try something that suits with your preference.