Recipe of Gluten Free Sour Cream Coffee Cake
The world community is on alert for gluten. If you do not believe, try to look around you, you will easily find products that read gluten-free. However, do you know what gluten and gluten free products are? If not, let’s get acquainted.
Gluten is the name for the protein content found in wheat and several other types of grains such as rye and barley. The protein is called gluten because of its thick, sticky texture like glue. Gluten one of them is in the form of flour. We know it as flour.
Gluten in certain levels is good for the body because it is high in protein and iron and contains less calcium. However, the body requires a long time and extra work to digest gluten.
Some experts say, besides being difficult to digest, this protein tends not to have other negative effects on the body.
For a long time, people in other parts of the world have been consuming gluten-containing foods in various forms. Foods with the highest gluten content, as daily consumption, include noodles, cakes and all kinds of flour-based foods. So, what if you want to make a cake that is free of gluten? Here I will give you a recipe for making gluten free sour cream coffee cake.
Ingredients of Crumble topping
- 140 grams of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 50 grams of granulated sugar
- 73 grams of light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
Ingredients of Cake
- 245 grams of gluten-free flour
- 18 grams of cornstarch
- 84 grams of unsalted butter
- 150 grams of granulated sugar
- 256 grams of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 eggs
How to make gluten free sour cream coffee cake?
Before making cookie dough, you must first make the toppings. The trick is:
- First, prepare a medium-size bowl
- Put all the ingredients make a topping, then mix until blended
- After mixing evenly, put the topping in the refrigerator
The steps to make a cake batter
- Prepare 2 medium bowls
- Enter the flour, cornflour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into the first bowl (bowl A). Stir the ingredients until smooth
- Then prepare another bowl (bowl B) to add the butter, sour cream, milk while being shaken to mix at medium speed
- After that, add sugar and eggs into Manuk B, then shake until evenly mixed
- The next step is to mix all the dough (bowl A & bowl B) until blended
- Put batter into the pan
- Sprinkle the topping that has been frozen (destroyed) in the pan
- Then oven until cooked for 40 minutes
- After cooking, wait up to 10 minutes for the cake to cool. Gluten free sour cream coffee cake is ready to be served.
Don’t worry, for you cake lovers, you can still enjoy gluten-free food. Gluten free sour cream coffee cake can be one of the foods that can be enjoyed because it is gluten-free. Good luck with the recipe above.